Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Police man become gardener.

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Dr. Sunny Thomson
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Police man become gardener. Reply with quote

Spotted this today. Just don't ask him to weed your cannabis patch. Laughing

Quote:

A MAN who took redundancy from the police force after eight years' service has set up a gardening business.

Henry Whatley was Harborough police's community co-ordinator, organising crime reduction initiatives, among other things.

But after taking redundancy this month due to cuts to the county force, he decided to turn his passion into a business and formed Town and Country Gardens.

He is now offering to carry out a number of gardening jobs, including general maintenance, landscaping, ponds and topiary.

"Gardening is something I've done as a passion for many years," he said. "I've done work for people before and had some nice comments so I thought 'why not?'

"It's quite a culture shock from my previous jobs but I'm getting used to it."

Mr Whatley joined the Royal Anglian Regiment aged 18, serving in Northern Ireland, Gibraltar, Portugal and Cyprus before becoming a civil servant working at Harborough Job Centre.

"It was while working there the job with the police came up," said Mr Whatley, who lives in Harborough with his wife and two young children.

"I've done that for the last eight years and loved it. I was quite down for a little while [after the redundancy] but I'm over the worst of it and I'm looking forward to the next adventure."

Harborough police commander Insp Neal Holland praised Mr Whatley's work for the force and wished him well in his new venture.

http://www.lutterworthmail.co.uk/news/business/from_police_force_to_ground_force_1_2353904
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But on the other Hand if you were to report suspicious activity in your Garden by an anonymous Phone-call you might get a free Dig.
Dr. Sunny Thomson

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like this one.

The Fly wrote:
An Old Man and His Garden

An old Italian man lived alone in New Jersey. He wanted to plant his annual tomato garden; but it was very difficult work as the ground was hard.
His only son, Vincent, who used to help him, was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son and described his predicament:
Dear Vincent,
I am feeling pretty sad, because it looks like I won't be able to plant my tomato garden this year. I'm just getting too old to be digging up a garden plot. I know if you were here my troubles would be over. I know you would be happy to dig the plot for me, like in the old days.
Love, Papa
A few days later he received this letter from his son:
Dear Pop, Don't dig up that garden. That's where the bodies are buried.
Love, Vinnie
At 6 am the next morning, FBI agents and local police arrived and dug up the entire area without finding any bodies. They apologized to the old man and left. That same day the old man received another letter from his son.
Dear Pop, Go ahead and plant the tomatoes now. That's the best I could do under the circumstances.
Love, Vinnie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: