Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Explanation for my AWOL

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Geranimojess
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:18 pm    Post subject: Explanation for my AWOL Reply with quote

Hi all,Just a line to say I'm back on Air after a few Weeks without my Computer.The Virus'es had a Field Day and only for my Son Steven and his Friends who worked Miracles to clear it up I've no doubt I would not be sending this message,hope I've not missed to much and I'm looking forward to getting back into the Thick of it .

Dave.
Sive

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome back ! What would we "mature" people do without the younger generation ? I doubt I would even be in this forum were it not for my offspring patiently introducing me to computers many years ago !
Geranimojess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sive
Great to be back,I never thought I'd hear myself say that about Computers but I really missed you Guys and Girls and as for the Youngsters helping us out well we waited on them Hand and Foot for long enough and now its "Pay back time"
Hope all is well in the Sunny South East, I hope to be visiting Friends in Gorey soon,I recently heard that Gorey has become the new Capital of the Sth East, taking over from Arklow such are the changes in the Town.Looking forward to walking down the Boulevard (Main St )
Cheers. Dave.[/i]
Protein
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome back, and download Windows Defender - it won't solve all your problems, but will do a good job of preventing most viruses...

oh, and its also a good time to be reminded to back up photo's music etc.. i had a close call recently too...

Geranimojess

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually when anything goes haywire I close down straight away I dont know if that helps but my Son now has McAfee Internet Security on my Computer, it must be OK 'cause he use's all the time and so far it's working great. Thanks for the advice and the welcome back,its great to be back. Dave.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: