Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Shrubs in Ireland ... Hedging in Ireland

advice on pruning one branched lobsided spanish lavender,

Most Recent Posts Turning my lawn into a woodland.
Last post: Darwin.
A thousand bulbs
Last post: tagwex
What is this used for
Last post: Margo
Pines and topiary.
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
laurenisme
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject: advice on pruning one branched lobsided spanish lavender, Reply with quote

hi hows it going,

can someone please help. i have a spainish lavender that is growing from only one branch. iv had it since about may but no other branches have started to go off in the other direction. i can't find any information on how to prune it to encourage growth on the other side so its not lobsided. can someone please giive me some advice, i have the picture, not a great camera though.

the other thing is that some of the leaves are going and and most of the others have white circles on them. research that i found said it might be due to root rot, is the any way to tell if this is the problem without taking it out of the pot. i had it outside, but brought it in and put it on the window sill would this help to maybe dry the roots. or are is there anything else i can do to save it?

oh i have it beside some other lavender, would this be any problem, maybe whats wrong with it might spread

Imag.jpg
 Description:
this is the picture
 Filesize:  45.1 KB
 Viewed:  3534 Time(s)

Imag.jpg

vincentdunne
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Just come across this. Spanish lavender is a martyr to root rots and is just not very easy to grow. I have lost 2 already (but have bought another). If it survives to Spring, you can cut it right back and it will sprout away. Getting thru the winter is the problem. Wet wet wet.
laurenisme

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi there,

Thanks for your reply. I have it inside sitting on the window sill so whatever watering it gets its me that's doing it. It hasn't seemed to got any bigger, or its leaves haven't seemed to change and it hasn't wilted really.

I'll take a look at its roots tomarow. anything i should look out for on them?

Thanks,

Lauren
vincentdunne

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
No, not really. There is nothing you can do at this stage except water as little as possible and it should get thru to Spring.
Good luck.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Shrubs in Ireland ... Hedging in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: