Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Greetings from Queensland, Australia

Most Recent Posts My intro
Last post: Greengage
Hi all
Hello and help needed on watering
Christmas reading.

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Mungobeanie
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Greetings from Queensland, Australia Reply with quote

Ooo-ah, it's like walking into a classroom full of waiting faces Very Happy

Hello to all! I hail from the tall grass in the far north just outside Darwin but I now reside in Brisbane in a sub-tropical climate zone although lately you wouldn't know what with hail here last week and snow in Sydney and Melbourne. November has been a strange month this year.

I'm an avid food grower and grow my own fruit, herb and vegetables. I do this because I know how fruit and veg here is grown, processed and prepared for the commercial market and I don't want any of that going into my gob. Presently, we're in the midst of what the State calls a drought (because it's actually very poor resource water management that has resulted in a massive water shortage) and am currently living in Level 4 water restrictions which means I can only use water for certain things at certain times on certain days. However, this hasn't adversely impacted on me as I was already water conscious anyway but it has presented a few little challenges.

I'm very much into sustainability and organic farming methods as well as learning as much as I can about my natural environment. I save seeds, have my own compost, little worm farm and large trees about me and a river not but a ten minute walk away. I am in the process of setting up hives for native bees.

Cross cultural exchange is a great opportunity to learn about things you're not near to so this is why I'm here. I know that Ireland is full to the brim with amazing plants, animals and winding river systems ~ things I am keen to learn more about. Likewise, I will impart what I know of what is about me here if I can. Looking forward to the experience!

Thanks for reading.

Bottlebrush in my garden
Sugar_Ape
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Sat Nov 18, 2006 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Mungobeanie and welcome to Irish Gardeners Very Happy Looking forward to your insghts from Down Under. You will enjoy it here.

- Sugar Ape
Sb

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Mungobeanie. Welcome to IG
verge

PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome onboard Mungobeanie. Hope you enjoy your visits.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: