Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Tomato Feed??

Most Recent Posts Huge storm takes out Sequoia
Last post: Sue Deacon
Indoor sowing.
Last post: Sue Deacon
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
No Herbicide please
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
keano97
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 2:53 pm    Post subject: Tomato Feed?? Reply with quote

I am growing tomatoes and cherry tomatoes in a mini plastic greenhouse. More of a growhouse thingy but anyway. Is it true that you feed them with tomato feed every week and it should be diluted to 10% tomato feed to 90% water?? Would it matter either if the feed was about 10 years old? I found it the other day and the price had a roches stores label and I think is in Irish Pounds???!!! Help please!! Razz
michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

it makes no difference how old the product is the fertiliser value remains the same. it may have become more concentrated so make sure it is well diluted as you use it and avoid contact with the leaves.
michael brenock horticultural advisor (retired)
keano97

PostPosted: Tue May 25, 2010 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELP!!!!!!!! I read online that for extra tomatoes to dilute 1 part feed to 9 parts water so for 550 ml I put in 55ml feed!!! Then AFTER i fed the plants. I read the back of the packet and it says 20ml to 4.5ltr of water. So i divided that down any roughly it came to 550 water and 2.5ml feed. <---- Including a bit of rounding!!!!! Which means I overfed my plants about 25 times too much!! Will it kill them !! Anyway to help this. Should I just feed them plain water for the next while or what?? Smile If its any help The blossoms are only just pollinated and starting to turn brow. The yellow bit in the middle is anyway!! Smile HELP!!!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: