Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Weeds & Pests and Diseases of the garden.

Could Woodlice be killing my Shasta Daisy

Most Recent Posts Storm approaching
Last post: Keeks
Curator wanted.
Last post: Greengage
Brexit
CURATOR OF PLANTS DUBLIN ZOO.

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
carladoyle1979
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 8:37 pm    Post subject: Could Woodlice be killing my Shasta Daisy Reply with quote

I have recently bought a Shasta Daisy a month or so ago, just about to flower and I have noticed it is dying, I have watered it regularly and fed it a few times.. I have had a few in the past too that have not lived long after I have bought them. I turned the pot up side down and there were hundreds of woodlice on the bottom, so I took it out of the pot and they had all gotten up in side the roots of the plant. Would this be the reason it is dying or do they only eat the plant once it is dying? Please help, I love Shasta Daisy but never seem to be able to grow them successfully.. Confused
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi carla, I grew shasta daisies from seed last year and as they are trying to take over my garden now. I find it hard to believe anything can kill them !
So I'm wondering could you possibly have bought an argyranthemum ?
If not, maybe I could borrow some of your woodlice to put manners on my thugs !
carladoyle1979

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Sive, yes I am fairly sure they are Shasta Daisies, I had a look at pictures of argyanthemums after your reply and the leaves are not the same as mine (whats left of them). I don't know what I am doing wrong, and very jealous yours are taking over... I will send some of the pesky woodlice over to your thugs... Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Weeds & Pests and Diseases of the garden. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: