Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> House plants in Ireland, including cut flowers

Yucca killed by frost?

Most Recent Posts 2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
funny
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Esthalon
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri May 07, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Yucca killed by frost? Reply with quote

I have two large Yucca's in one pot, my "houseplant" has been living outdoors happily for the past few years (I live about a mile from the sea) as it's now too big and heavy to move indoors for the winter.

Obviously the recent winter was harsh, and when I did my springclean of my Yucca (removing all damaged leaves) I discovered on one of the Yucca's the base of the emerging new leaves was rotten on all 3 of the branches. The more exposed taller Yucca has only 2 branches but it's central leaves did not rot.
The Trunk seems firm all the way up except for where it joins the leaves. Has anyone any idea if new shoots will emerge? Will a new brach start? Or is it curtains for my Yucca?

Many thanks fro any experience you can share.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> House plants in Ireland, including cut flowers All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: