Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Wildlife, Irish Wild flowers and nature gardening.

frog-friendly hole filler for pond

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Ado 2
The Redwood Guy from Oregon Returns
Last post: mdvaden
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
Do Dreams/Fantasies come true...I think so...
Last post: Geranimojess

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
dinahdabble
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Thu Mar 25, 2010 3:01 am    Post subject: frog-friendly hole filler for pond Reply with quote

I need to fill some holes in a solid, pre-formed plastic pond liner. I know that frogs are especialy sencitive to some chemicals, so I'd be very greatfull if someone could guide me to a strong but safe filler for the holes.
Last year the pond kept having to be topped up every day. :roll: The frogs beat us to it again this spring, so this years crop of frogspawn is now waiting in a bucket for the refurbishment of the nursery. Any advise is bound to help.
Thanks.
ormondsview
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:49 pm    Post subject: pond liner repair kit Reply with quote

This one is from UK but you might try someone closer to home. Would duct tape do for the time being. It wouldn't leak out so much then and the pressure of the water will keep it firm. At least you have a means of keeping the water fresh. You might add a drip hose on very low to top it up continually.http://www.aquatics-online.co.uk/catalogue/pond-liner-repair-kits-and-tape.asp
dinahdabble

PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that great idea and research. It will give me a chance to look for a new pond liner and re-do the whole lot properly this summer. I'll let you know if it all goes OK.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Wildlife, Irish Wild flowers and nature gardening. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: