Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Tomato seeds, six types but only one variety in pack.

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: kindredspirit
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:09 am    Post subject: Tomato seeds, six types but only one variety in pack. Reply with quote

I purchased a packet of tomato seeds recently which contained six types of tomatoes or so it said on the packet. When I opened the packet it contained only one of the varieties named on the outer packet. On returning it to the garden centre I got my money back but I still want to get a selection of varieties. I could have got another packet but it probably contained the same types as I had already got. Has anybody else experienced this mistake?
michael brenock horticultural advisor (retired) Question

Quote:
Idea Help us help you! Your post has been edited by moderator to add a descriptive title..... original title was seeds
Members should try to use an appropriate, descriptive title when posting a new topic.
This helps others find your post....... see rule 11 http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about27.html

Foxylock
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not with the seeds but I bought a " Crimson King " last year only to find I had actually bought a " Drummondii ". A case of mis-labeling , but very annoying nonetheless.
michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you foxylock, this is a common enough occurrence as the tendency will be to take out a few trees to compare for size and structure and assume they are all the same variety until you bring them home and then it may not be that convenient to bring them back. Thank you for your reply.
michael brenock horticultural advisor (retired)
Foxylock

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It definitely was inconvenient to try and bring it back as it was bought and planted in January and I didn't realise the mistake until I saw the varieagated leaves making an appearance in spring. However it's still a fine tree and will stay here now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: