Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Wildlife, Irish Wild flowers and nature gardening.

Look at the Size of this Mushroom

Most Recent Posts can anyone identify this
Last post: Sue Deacon
...What did you do Today...
Last post: Sue Deacon
Garlic problem
Last post: Greengage
funny
Last post: ponddigger

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:35 pm    Post subject: Look at the Size of this Mushroom Reply with quote

Have a look at the size of this mushroom my cousin found the other day.
What a whopper.
He was going to fry it up and eat it that night.
I haven't heard from him since...... Rolling Eyes

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
crosseyedsheep
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
He was going to fry it up and eat it that night.

Does he have a pan that big Shocked Personally I don't think it would be very nice, then again it's bound to taste better that those insipid examples you get in the supermarket. I remember when I was very young for one summer there was an abundance of mushrooms growing on my parents land. They were so tasty compared to what you get now in the supermarket. I've often wondered, is it a difference in varieties? Certainly this is the case with supermarket tomatoes and strawberries.
"SCAN"
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 2:57 pm    Post subject: "On the bowl" Reply with quote

Well cousin that mushroom was spot on. Actually had it for (breakfeast in an omlette) set me up nicely too. It was realy taste but a bit greasey. It is the patriarch of all the mushrooms found this year although there were some contenders. Now to find a magic one that big LOL Twisted Evil . It was found on an area of land that remains untouched by chemical fertiliser or any chemicals etc. Amazing what mother nature can do all by herself. Well cousin I hope your glad I'm finally on board. Boost your little experiment a little further ehh. For those of you who dont know me I am the protege I learned from the best isnt that right cousin Razz . PS: I SHOULD HAVE BEEN A HAND MODEL...........
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Wildlife, Irish Wild flowers and nature gardening. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: