Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Lawns and grass care

Best Grade 2 lawn seed

Most Recent Posts Saturday quiz
Last post: Greengage
Mouse Trap
Last post: Sue Deacon
What did you do today 2017
Free Carbons

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Abbica
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:03 am    Post subject: Best Grade 2 lawn seed Reply with quote

Hi, don't know if you can recommend a grass seed but I am about to do up my new lawn come March/April and just wondering what you would recommend for using on our lawn or are they all the same in general?
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arrow A No.1. Lawn Seed Mix is made up of very fine grasses, think "putting green", and you are on the right track. If you want a perfect and prestine lawn and are prepared to work hard at maintaining it by never missing a mowing, fertilising or weed killing session, then this is the grass seed mix for you. However be aware, this type of lawn is unforgiving of heavy traffic and poor maintenance.

Arrow A No.2. Lawn Seed Mix is the good all-rounder, it looks well, takes a reasonable amount of wear & tear and requires just a moderate degree of maintenance.

Arrow A No.3. Lawn Seed Mix is ideal for kicking a football about on and in general it puts up with lots of abuse. However be aware, This seed mix comprises some coarse grasses which may not be as attractive to the human eye or touch.

Take your pick.

If it says No.2. Lawn Seed Mix on the pack then there will be very little variation between it and any other No.2. Lawn Seed Mix.
It's best if you can buy a bag with the official dept of agriculture sealing tag attached (harp icon) as this will state the mix, time of sealing, germination rate etc.

More on sowing a lawn from seed here....... How to sow a lawn from grass seed in Ireland-Lawn Hints/Tips

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
Abbica

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 12:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi James, thanks very much, I read that post previously and downloaded it onto word to do exactly as you said, exactly all I needed to do our lawn, so I will get grade 2 Dept of Agri seed for our lawn, you have been very helpful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Lawns and grass care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: