Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Bulbs in Irelands Gardens

amarylis are they hardy?

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
ormondsview
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: amarylis are they hardy? Reply with quote

Thompson and Morgan now have a xmas special on these bulbs. Are they hardy or should I put them in the polytunnel after blooming. Do they divide well if kept outdoors? I would post the url but it didn't work as it's in a portal from my isp (internet service provider) You'll have to go to their website and subscribe to the newletter. Price was 2.99 pounds. And they give you an additional red one. Good plan if you have gifts in mind.
Good idea if you're searching for bargains is to subscribe to a newsletter and get alerts on best pricing if you're looking for something special or want to stretch your gardening dollar.
frengers80
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:10 pm    Post subject: re bulbs Reply with quote

hi,there are hardy amarylis,think they are a.belladonna,i have some outdoors,they flower in the autumn and are fully hardy.The ones i think you are talking about wouldnt be and should be kept frost free after flowering.they can be put outside for the summer then gradually allow them to dry off in the autumn for a rest period,repot and away you go again.remove and pot up any bulbils they may have formed on the main bulb.Check out varieties on www.peternyssen.com.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Bulbs in Irelands Gardens All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: