Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

autumn or summer raspberries?

Most Recent Posts My intro
Last post: Greengage
Hi all
Hello and help needed on watering
Christmas reading.

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
sharonl
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am    Post subject: autumn or summer raspberries? Reply with quote

Hi all,

I know its been asked before about when to prune raspberries but all the answers I've read say it depends on if they are summer or autumn fruiting. Problem is, typical Rolling Eyes I've lost the name of the variety and this year they fruited both in june and then again in September/October, there's still fruit on them Shocked so I really don't know if they are summer or autumn fruiting since I got fruit in both seasons. Anybody any ideas on when I should prune them? Now or should I wait till february?

Thanks
sharon

forest flame
Rank attained: Yew tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi sharon
i would prune them now as any remaining fruit would suffer from the forthcoming frosts and they wont be so tasty anyway. also it will eliminate the chance of any disease such as mildew getting to them.
i read your blog well done on the fruit and veggies excellent blog.thanks for sharing.
sharonl

PostPosted: Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks forest flame, Very Happy I'll give them the chop this weekend, your right the berries on them at the moment, although about twice the size, are very tasteless compared to the ones we got during the summer. Thanks for the comments re the blog, glad you enjoyed it Very Happy Its quiet enough now due to the season but will be broadening the scope to keep it updated over winter untill things pick up again in the spring.

sharon

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: