Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden Photo gallery & Plant Identification area

Tree Identification in my Garden

Most Recent Posts At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: tagwex
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: tagwex
oops
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
summer
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Tree Identification in my Garden Reply with quote

Hi All, Could someone here identify the name of this Tree ( i dont think its a Shrub) which has been growing in my Garden for the last few year. This year it seems to have grown more, and i dont know, if its going to grow to be a big Tree, if so, do you think could i transplant it to a different area. Many Thanks.

dscf1485-web [].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  248.5 KB
 Viewed:  4484 Time(s)

dscf1485-web [].jpg

dscf1483-web [].jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  235.29 KB
 Viewed:  4484 Time(s)

dscf1483-web [].jpg

Dr. Sunny Thomson
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 1:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Tree Identification in my Garden Reply with quote

Stags horn or rhus. I bloody love this shrub for its brilliant autumn oranges and reds. You are getting some in the photos already. Very Happy

summer wrote:
This year it seems to have grown more, and i dont know, if its going to grow to be a big Tree, if so, do you think could i transplant it to a different area. Many Thanks.

It wont grow to be a very big tree but it does send out shoots along the ground to pop up. these can be easily chopped off with a sharp spade though.
summer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Dr. Sunny Thomson for your reply, Do you think i could transplant it to another part of the Garden now. What height or spread ?. Because its planted at the moment, in front of other plants. Thanks again for your help.
summer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Guys. I am back again, just to let you know, i was in the Garden today, and found the label buried, at the trunk in clay, The name of this Tree/Shrub is called, ''Rhus Glabra Laciniata '' with a price tag on it, of €12:50. I can not remember when i bought it, must be a few years back.
sal
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi.i love this tree,and coulndn`t find the correct name for it,we called it tree of knowledge back in the uk, nickname of course,on saturday i finally got 2 different types in the garden centre,and advice given to me was it grows 10-12 foot high and it throws out shoots from the roots,this can be controled if planted in a lawn as their cut when you mow,or surround it with gravel and plastic ground cover,as for me i`m leaving it grow as i have the room for more and i will transplant them,it has red furry cones and is a beautiful tree when mature.
summer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi sal, yes as Dr. Sunny Thomson said here, it grows shoots along the ground, but i have not see this with my Tree/Shrub yet, and it must be planted 3 to 4 years now, could be even more, and its about 5feet high now. I took the chance in transplanting it today, hopefully it will take root again.
sal

PostPosted: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i only hope mine grows quickly then!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden Photo gallery & Plant Identification area All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: