Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Hi from the Garden of Ireland

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Ray and Fiona
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 9:04 am    Post subject: Hi from the Garden of Ireland Reply with quote

Hi All,

We're from Greystones, Co. Wicklow and we are very keen gardeners. My wife has done a few courses in horticulture - the last course was done in tthe College of Further Education in Dundrum which was a full time 2 year course.

I work as an insurance broker but at home I'm the garden labourer in charge of all the hard work whilst Fiona does all the easy jobs like planting Laughing - I'm in trouble now.

We only moved to Greystones a few years ago. We had some major work done on the house recently. The house was originally built in 1855 so a complete refurbishment job was required. We were out of the house for nine months. As a result the garden was destroyed and we lost some very beautiful shrubs and a couple of trees had to come down as they were unsafe.

After the building work was completed we got a very good landscaper in to redo the garden. We are very happy with his work but we still need to do a fair bit of work oourselves to it as it's still a little sparce of shrubbery.

We are also planning a vegtable garden and hope to have this ready for next season.

I'm very much an amateur gardener so I look forward to picking up some very usful tips and hints from this website.

Regards,

Ray.
f&vlady

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome, you've come to the right place for all the tips you'd ever need. I'm a newbie to gardening (veg especially) but have found no question is too stupid to ask (I think maybe the odd eyes might be thrown up to heaven and some might say "what is she like" lol)but someone will always take the time to answer, plus the articles that James posts are brill (even I can understand them!). So welcome again and good luck with ur veg patch for next year.
cooler
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello there Ray and Fiona. sounds like you have your garden in hand. All it needs is a little time and sweat. If you get a chance pop up a few pics in the picture section of the site. We may spot something for you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: