Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Lawns and grass care

Seeding exsisting lawn & feeding?

Most Recent Posts Turning my lawn into a woodland.
Last post: Darwin.
A thousand bulbs
Last post: tagwex
What is this used for
Last post: Margo
Pines and topiary.
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
GreenBeaver
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:23 am    Post subject: Seeding exsisting lawn & feeding? Reply with quote

Seeded my lawn about 4 months ago and its coming on pretty good, however it is slighty patchy in areas. I was wondering is it possible to seed the lawn regularly or not? I have been scuffing areas and seeding every 2 weeks or so. Is it worth just scattering seed all over every now and again also?

Grass has now been cut a 7-8 times so am i now able to distribute a lawn feed over it or will this scortch new germinating seed?
pa-v

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi
greenbeave
A Lawn must be at least 12 months old before feeding

pat-v
forest flame
Rank attained: Yew tree

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi pat
i ould agree that a lawn should be 12 months old before spraying for weeds but an autumn feed would benefit it great now especially seeing that there wont be any more seeding done until the spring if necessary.
walltoall
Rank attained: Orchard owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Maybe you've a different climate. Reply with quote

Autumn is past and so is the time for feeding. Plants have gone into hibernation mode or will shortly do so. The leaves are just gone from all my trees except the birch. The lawn was cut very short yesterday in the only 'window of opportunity' I've had fo a month. It is still actually growing but the last thing it needs now is feeding. Think WINTER lads.

Green Beaver: let it be til the warm spring days. You can then scatter some more grass seed just before a day of rain and much of it is likely to germinate in the warmth of late April.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irish Lawns and grass care All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: