Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Chelsea flower show 07

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
MargeSimpson
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Chelsea flower show 07 Reply with quote

I have just started looking into going to the CFS next year. Has anyone been there before? Do you know when the tickets are made available for purchasing and do you know if they allocate tickets to a specific day or can you choose your day.
And... is it worth going because I have read that there was overcrowding this year which would make it a very uncomfortable day! Loads of questions.....sorry. Embarassed
Bugs
Rank attained: Ash Tree
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Marge
My late father went every year and always enjoyed the experiance , however I hear its a total waste of time now as its impossible to get around , far better on telly . Hampton Court and the RHS show at Tatton are better , some of my friends were there this year and I will find out about tickets for you
Cool Bugs

Quincy
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:00 am    Post subject: Chelsea flower show 07 tickets Reply with quote

A friend of mine went over last year and he had mixed views about the event. He was looking for inspiration and that was certainly the place to go for such a thing. He absolutely hated the crowds. Too many people by far and crowds 5 & 6 layers deep at each of the show gardens. He had admission for two mornings and he said you would need that at least to see every garden and stall.
He came back with hundereds of photographs and some very good ideas but said he would have gained the same insight if he taped the show and watched it at home. The highlight of his weekend was meeting Mr Tichmarsh. Regarding the tickets, as far as I can recall, he bought them about 6 weeks before the show and there were allocated times of something like 4-5 hour a piece. i.e. A thursday morning ticket admitted him from 8am to 1pm. so that was his time from 8 - 1pm. Then the next allocation was like 1pm to 5pm for the next bunch of punters. He had bought two morning tickets. i dont know how this ticket affair was policed though if at all.
Id say your bet would be to watch the RHS web site for info :-
http://www.rhs.org.uk/chelsea/2006/index.asp
http://www.rhs.org.uk
MargeSimpson

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 12:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses.

Bugs, I've been looking into the Tatton Park show like you suggested. I guess Chelsea does get good TV coverage. But I'd love to meet my hero, Alan T Laughing

Quincy, I think I can understand your friends frustration. I was at the vanGogh museum this year and there were people 4/5 deep. It's very frustrating and you're forced to move on as the crowd moves.

The Tatton Park website doesn't mention anything about the RHS show in 2007 so I'll sit tight and wait for further info.

If anyone has any info about the Tatton Park show, (tickets, crowds, etc), can you let me know - it would be appreciated.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: