Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> How to get the most out of Irishgardeners.com

Problems posting photos within the 256kb limit.

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Cityblowin
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 7:31 pm    Post subject: Problems posting photos within the 256kb limit. Reply with quote

Hi All,

I get the below message when I try to post photos, my photos are within the limit.

Sorry, but the maximum filesize for all Attachments is reached. Please contact the Board Administrator if you have questions.

If you guys could fix / let me know
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image maximum Upload Size is 256 KB in the following formats gif, jpeg, jpg, png, tga, tif.
Any larger and the image will not appear.
This to keep the loading speed of our forum pages as brisk as possible.
Big files are the bane of any members still on a dial-up connection, so we try and think about them.

Cityblowin, if taking pictures specifically for the site, you could reduce the megapixel count on your camera if you wish.
Aside from that here are just a few other ways to resize and reduce the file size of your pictures without cropping them.......

Method (1) Without installing anything extra provided you have "Paint" as part of your windows package.

Right click on the picture you wish to "shrink".
Then left click EDIT on the menu that appears.
If you have "Paint" installed this should now take you to that package.

You will then see your image sitting in the editing panel.

Left click the IMAGE button at the top of the screen, then left click STRETCH/SKEW from the drop down.
In the panel that appears you will see the stretch dimension on the horizontal and vertical are set to 100%.
Alter both the horizontal and vertical to your needs, say for example try 50%.
Left click OK and your image is reduced.

Finally left click FILE followed by SAVE AS to allow you to save the image under whatever name you wish, preferably some different to the original file name to prevent you overwriting your originals.

Method (2) Use Microsofts Image Resizer
Info about it: http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/learnmore/tips/eschelman2.mspx
Down load link: http://download.microsoft.com/download/whistler/Install/2/WXP/EN-US/ImageResizerPowertoySetup.exe

Method (3) Use PIXresizer - Free Image Resizer
Info on, with download link near bottom of page: http://bluefive.pair.com/pixresizer.htm

More here....... How to post pictures.

Let me know how you get on. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> How to get the most out of Irishgardeners.com All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: