Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden planning, prep and landscape design in Ireland

Planning a bed in the lawn

Most Recent Posts Garlic problem
Last post: Greengage
funny
Last post: ponddigger
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................
Last post: Keeks
I'm new here
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
michelle M
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:43 am    Post subject: Planning a bed in the lawn Reply with quote

I'm trying to plan a bed for my lawn. My aim is to disguise the top of a biocycle which sticks up about 18 inches above ground level. So there are pipes just under the ground too. There will have to be a strip of maybe 2 feet left empty down the middle because of this. I'm thinking of a perennial border presuming they would have less roots than shrubs. The list of perennials is endless, but I need a few suggestions for something that will not die back for winter and give a bit of year round interest too. I've been looking at new zealand flax and types of grasses, would they be suitable or any other suggestions appreciated. The bed will be at least 20 foot long, width debatable.
I'm including pic's, if I can.

P5120756.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  46.02 KB
 Viewed:  1755 Time(s)

P5120756.JPG

P5120757.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  50.9 KB
 Viewed:  1755 Time(s)

P5120757.JPG

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden planning, prep and landscape design in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: