Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland

Tomatoes "San Pep", what type are they?

Most Recent Posts Garlic problem
Last post: Greengage
funny
Last post: ponddigger
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................
Last post: Keeks
I'm new here
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
daigo75
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2009 1:49 pm    Post subject: Tomatoes "San Pep", what type are they? Reply with quote

Hi all,
I just received some seeds taken from a "San Pep" tomato (removed from the fruit). I've never heard of this type, does anybody know what kind of tomato it is and if it would be worth trying to plant it? In case, should I plant them now, or should I wait next year?

As an additional information, such tomato looks like a San Marzano, but it's much smaller, about one & a half the size of a cherry tomato.

Thanks.
Belfast
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Mon May 11, 2009 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Tomatoes "San Pep", what type are they? Reply with quote

daigo75 wrote:
Hi all,
I just received some seeds taken from a "San Pep" tomato (removed from the fruit). I've never heard of this type, does anybody know what kind of tomato it is and if it would be worth trying to plant it? In case, should I plant them now, or should I wait next year?

As an additional information, such tomato looks like a San Marzano, but it's much smaller, about one & a half the size of a cherry tomato.

Thanks.

Superquinn seem to be the only people that sell them.
Maybe it is another name for San Marzano as it is now a trade name for tinned tomatoes for Naples.

Guilt-free tomatoes
Shop for tomatoes without the burden of air miles guilt. Superquinn and Marks & Spencer stock Irish-grown cherry tomatoes (San Pep at Superquinn and Piccolo at M&S).
http://archives.tcm.ie/businesspost/2008/07/27/story34641.asp
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Vegetable growing, fruit and allotments in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: