Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Just need to whinge - can't get out to garden

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: kindredspirit
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
coolaboola
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:21 am    Post subject: Just need to whinge - can't get out to garden Reply with quote

Knackered my back on Friday, just as the start of that glorious Easter weekend. Had loads of gardening planned. Instead spent weekend flat on back dosed with painkillers. Am waiting on scan of my spine before normal gardening activities can resume.

Agh! Soooo frustrating. So many seeds to sow. So many baby plants to plant out. So many seedlings to pot on. So many weeds to attack.

Rant over. Just wanted to vent to people who'll 'get' how frustrating this is Sad

Ah well, I suppose it will keep my existing plants safe from my purple thumb of death for a while Smile
walltoall
Rank attained: Orchard owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:27 am    Post subject: Oh! Me bluddy back is gone again Reply with quote

Well whinged Coolaboola! I'm on your side, sharing a similar back. But have you a massage therapist anywhere near? Keep away from doctors if possible. And the garden'll be grand. Part of the magic of gardening is setting it to autopilot a bit so it can look after itself. And best wishes for a slow, deliberate and sure recovery. Anyway, planting out and potting out is elective surgery so quit whingin and read a good book. Embarassed
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear you're laid up, coolaboola. Back problems are both painful and hugely frustrating. Stop thinking of the garden, it won't help your mood! And anyway, I don't know where you are, but our weather in Wexford has been very mixed......I just look at wet days as rest days..... so you probably haven't lost all that much time.
Speedy recovery!
coolaboola

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sive Smile

I'm in Dublin and the weather's been a bit mixed since the weekend. But the weekend was glorious (until Monday) Agh!

I'm wandering around my (tiny) garden wistfully talking to my plants ... like a mad lady. The garden is my main incentive to get back on my feet (properly, not in my current wonky banana way) as soon as I can.
coolaboola

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi walltoall,

Actually I'm qualified as a massage therapist. Of course, that's feck all use to me right now! Can't massage my own back Smile My Ma is also a massage therapist and has offered rubs.

Alas my situation is beyond massage right now - a prolapsed disc most likely - hence getting the doc involved. I'm also a woman of science (a mechanical engineer to be precise - yeah, I know, massage (and reflexology, sports massage, aromatherapy, yoga, diet and nutrition, etc) and engineering *are* a weird combo Smile ) and am more than willing to roll out the big guns when necessary and this is one of those whens.

I'm waiting on an MRI of my spine (Saturday) to confirm diagnosis. Will get rubs as soon as able. And then, watch out garden, here I come!

Thanks for your good wishes Smile
inishindie
Rank attained: Tree plantation keeper

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:07 pm    Post subject: Best wishes Reply with quote

Hi coolaboola.

My thoughts are with you and hope you get back on your feet soon.

I've posted a couple of fairy cakes to take your mind off of waiting for the results...

Ian

get well soon.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  57.64 KB
 Viewed:  3716 Time(s)

get well soon.jpg

coolaboola

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nyom nyom!

*burp*

Why, pardon me!

Thanks Inishindie Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: