Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Hello from a city gardener

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: kindredspirit
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
foxroxks
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Hello from a city gardener Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm living in ballyfermot and trying to make the most out of a city garden, which in fairness provides plenty for what is needed. I started growing around 3 years ago. I bought a plastic greenhouse from homebase and planted (i say planted) fair 2 much and ended up with a mass of entangled veg. It was great and have been hooked since. I also love my fruit trees and bushes. So as you can see I'm new to this and have alot of questions. I hope you don't mind questions.
inishindie
Rank attained: Tree plantation keeper

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:53 pm    Post subject: I don't mind.... Reply with quote

Hi Foxroks

Apologies for the delay saying hello... I tend to forget to look in the introduce yourself section....

The more you learn about gardening, the more questions you have.....When I had a small patch for growing (assuming your garden is a small one) I became quite good at 3 dimensional thinking and planned to go up as well as accross.. loads of beans and climbers

Cheers

foxroxks

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Inishindie

Yeah I've a small enough garden compared to most on here I guess but its plenty for me. I've never fully measured it. I thinks its about 70ish ft by 25ish. I'm pretty lucky really for living so close to the city centre. I only use about 25X 25 for my patch including my greenhouse and with working long hours it is all I can try & manage really. I really like the growing up Idea and am already planning some frames if the snow ever goes Shocked I'll get started on them.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: