Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jobs wanted / Training periods required.

Im Looking to gain more exp

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: tagwex
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: kindredspirit
oops
Last post: Margo

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
stevemc
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:29 pm    Post subject: Im Looking to gain more exp Reply with quote

Hi All
Ive been a carpenter/builder for over 20yrs from London originally but have been in Nth Dublin for 13 yrs and the works very slack at the minute so i want to spend the extra time gaining more gardening exp maybe get a job in horticulture or do a course.How or where do i go about doing this ?do you know anyone that could take me on ?
Cheers Steve
walltoall
Rank attained: Orchard owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 9:09 pm    Post subject: gardening in the North County Reply with quote

Hi Steve
I take it Nt Dublin means the city? Go to Blakes Cross about four miles north of Swords and turn towards Skerries. This is the market gardening centre of Irealnd. Look at Lusk, Rush, Loughshinney and Skerries particularly.

Also check with Dept Agriculture in Dawson Street for leads to get you into the growing business. Check FÁS too as they may have horticulture courses. Finally the Botanic Gardens in Glasnevin runs horticultural courses.
Walltoall

stevemc

PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2008 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Walltoall i will try some of them, the courses with fas etc i think dont start till sept
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jobs wanted / Training periods required. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: