Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Irish gardeners members blog shortlisted for award.

Most Recent Posts Garlic problem
Last post: corkgardener
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................
Last post: Keeks
I'm new here
Last post: tagwex
Hi, guy here trying to grow stuff in a tunnel
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:15 am    Post subject: Irish gardeners members blog shortlisted for award. Reply with quote

Irish gardeners members blog shortlisted for award.

Best of luck to one of our number organicgrowingpains, who's blog is on the shortlist for a golden spider award. No, it is not an award for the most amount of spiders found in an Irish allotment over one growing season. Laughing

The Golden Spider Awards are actually an annual event honouring Irish individuals and organisations for their outstanding achievements online and celebrating the successes of the Irish Internet and digital media.

The awards not only reward Irish businesses and community organisations but also individuals for their creativity and innovation. The Golden Spiders provide an important opportunity to recognise and showcase online excellence and are considered an important benchmark for distinction and merit in web-based business strategies.

There is a shortlist of 8 in each of the categories.
You can log on to the site http://goldenspiders.ie/ for full information on the categories and the awards themselves.

organicgrowingpains blog can be found here... http://www.organicgrowingpains.blogspot.com/

Good luck. Wink

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
thomas
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

one thing does concern me about that event, people that are shortlisted have to pay 300 euro to enter the event. I don't quite understand the concept behind honouring outstanding achievement and then charging the honoured to attend the ceremony.

Maybe it's just me.
janelee

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly good luck to organicgrowingpains, I hope you do well, you deserve it.

thomas wrote:
one thing does concern me about that event, people that are shortlisted have to pay 300 euro to enter the event. I don't quite understand the concept behind honouring outstanding achievement and then charging the honoured to attend the ceremony.

Maybe it's just me.

Thats 300 euro plus vat on top as well. Shocked Better hope your online presence is a business as well so you can claim it back. A table of 10 costs €2,900 ex Vat. From what I have heard through the grapevine, the bigger your table, the bigger your chance of winning. I would like to hope it is not true.
Bet Steven Speilberg does not pay for his seat at the oscars. Very Happy
cooler
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

organicgrowingpains well done. Don't go all big headed and refuse to talk to us mere mortals on the forums now. Razz Laughing Laughing
Dr. Sunny Thomson
Rank attained: Rowan Tree
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats organicgrowingpains.

thomas wrote:

Maybe it's just me.

They truly are the GOLDEN spider awards (for somebody anyway). Wink
Organicgrowingpains
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi everyone and thanks for the good wishes.My blog did not win a Golden Spider but being short listed was a bit of a buzz!
The 300e for a ticket was a bit of a cheek especially as bloggers are just one person not a whole company.The whole point of having an allotment is trying to be self sufficient so I could not justify spending 300e on a ticket.I said as much to them when contacted, and a few days before the event the bloggers were contacted to say we would have one free ticket each. A little too late to make any difference. I will continue digging and blogging 'going forward'!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: