Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc).

pollytunnel

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Margo
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
How to install a pond liner and underlay
Last post: ianpools

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
Little Mo
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:43 pm    Post subject: pollytunnel Reply with quote

Can anyone tell me the best way to clean the plastic on the pollytunnel. I've had it about three years & it's starting to get a build up of alage on the walls & brownish build up on the lower walls. I also seem to get a lot off moss on the soil & have sprayed this with Jayes fluid which seems effective but says not to use on plastic. Thanks Very Happy

Last edited by Little Mo on Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Prudence

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Little Mo

Is the algae on the inside or outside? I get algae on the outside facing north. I just clean it with a wet cloth!! If it is on the inside, it sounds like it is very damp in there. Are you getting drips from condensation? maybe the polytunnel isn't receiving enough air circulation/ventilation. If you are getting drips, put another piece of medium gauge plastic inbetween the frame and the poly plastic, just enough to cover the curved part. I've done this and polytunnel is lovely and dry.

All the best.

Sue
Little Mo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: polytunnel Reply with quote

Thanks Sue
I think youre right. There is lots of condensation dripping inside from the roof. The algae on the outside wiped off no problem. The inside residue is coming off with a bit more effort. I'll try the polythene inside. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc). All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: