Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden planning, prep and landscape design in Ireland

north-facing wall recommend any plants?

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
langerdan
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: north-facing wall recommend any plants? Reply with quote

hi,
am just after buying my first house in carrigaline in cork and have my first garden to contend with! went to it yesterday and found that the back wall is north-facing which means something apparently from reading other websites where they were on about different plants for different facing walls! i'd like to grow some normal jasmine and winter jasmine on trellises on one of the walls, maybe a few fushia bushes and then plant some other fragrant flowers around the place but am very new to this game so any advice would be gratefully received!! the garden is about 20m x 20m and all thats there now is a newly planted lawn so its like a blank canvas. so if ye can recommend anything it would be great as i can see myself making a ***** of it otherwise!!!

Exclamation Edited by moderator.............. see rule 8 http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about27.html

Exclamation Edited by moderator to add descriptive title............... see rule 11 http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about27.html
cooler
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

normal jasmine (summer) will not do well on a north facing wall, but winter jasmine will do ok. Try also climbing hydrangea for the dark wall.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden planning, prep and landscape design in Ireland All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: