Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> The Events Diary, environment and ecology / home and garden.

Annual Rose Festival, St. Anne's Park, Raheny, Dublin 5.

Most Recent Posts Pisonous plant in the garden this month
Last post: Margo
Quiet times
Last post: Sue Deacon
Honeymoon Honesty
Last post: Greengage
Warning of Stormy Weather, Ireland, 11/3/08 to 12/3/08.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 11:44 pm    Post subject: Annual Rose Festival, St. Anne's Park, Raheny, Dublin 5. Reply with quote

Annual Rose Festival, St. Anne's Park, Raheny, Dublin 5.
Saturday 19th July from 10:30am until 18:00
and Saturday from 10:30am until 18:00 on Sunday.

The Parks and Landscape Services Division of Dublin City Council, are delighted to announce details of the ninth annual Rose Festival to be held at St. Anne's Rose Garden, St. Anne's Park, Raheny, Dublin 5,
on the 19th & 20th July, 2008. Set in the 270 acre St. Anne's Park the Festival provides for an enjoyable and entertaining day out for all the family.

The annual festival is based around the City Of Dublin International Rose Trials and this year sees the 28th anniversary of the Rose Trials. Rose breeders from around the world are invited to submit seedling roses for trial over an eighteen-month period. The roses are assessed over the period by a panel of local judges consisting of Rosarians, Horticulturalists and other suitably qualified persons.

The final judging will take place prior to the Rose Festival and will be carried out by a panel of International Rose Experts.
The scores of the Local Judging Panel and the International Judging Panel are combined and the highest score in each category receives the Golden Award.

Those attending the Festival can view the winning roses in the Rose Garden.
The Festival opens on Saturday 19th July with exhibitions and trade stands open to the public from 10:30am until 18:00 on Saturday and from 10:30am until 18:00 on Sunday.

Exhibitors include Crafts people, Garden Centres, Nurseries, Horticultural Societies, Garden Equipment & Machinery Suppliers, Environmental Groups and Garden Furniture Suppliers. Gerry Daly will give a talk at 3pm on Sat and Helen Dillon will give a talk on the Sunday. A variety of entertainment will be provided over the two days including live music on both days. Sunday is 'Family Day', with children's entertainment, face painting, puppet and magic shows and guided walks of the rose garden.

Admission to the Festival including car parking is free of charge. On site catering and toilet facilities will be provided on both days.
All are welcome!

For further information contact
Noël McEvoy, Executive Parks Superintendent,
Parks & Landscape Services Division,
Dublin City Council. Tel: 01 2223806 / 086 3805190

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
breezyacre
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 8:21 pm    Post subject: annual rose festival in St. Anne's Park, Raheny Reply with quote

Does anyone have any information on this year's festival? Came across this post from 2008. Have never attended but would like to. Do they sell roses at it I wonder.
SorchaBC
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 2:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I second that breezyacre, I'd love to know if this is on this year as well.
breezyacre

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's pretty comprehensive. Thanks James.
michael brenock
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

since I published my book I have had numerous requests to give talks and lectures and more recently to judge at local and district horticultural shows. While I appreciate that this is a great honour and very kind of those asking me but I have to charge a fee to cover my expenses and travel and recently I was expected to be at an event nearly 90 miles away at one days notice. i like to do just the odd date here and there and remind myself that I have retired.
michael brenock horticultural advisor (retired)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> The Events Diary, environment and ecology / home and garden. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: