Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Hard landscaping in Ireland, Garden Features (Paths, Patios, Paving, Decking, Walls etc)

good quality outdoor furniture please!

Most Recent Posts oops
Last post: kindredspirit
funny
Last post: kindredspirit
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Margo
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
birdie
Rank attained: Rowan Tree

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:40 pm    Post subject: good quality outdoor furniture please! Reply with quote

hello to you irish gardeners. i am creating a new seating area in my garden. wheres a good place to start looking for good quality outdoor furniture? (i live in galway) none of those tacky white patio sets please!
Bugs
Rank attained: Ash Tree

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: good quality outdoor furniture..........Dublin? Reply with quote

Sorry Birdie , dont know about Galway ( maybe GPI can tell you ) here in Dublin Homebase , Woodies, B &Q , Athlantic all do patio sets .
Cool Bugs

James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:36 pm    Post subject: good quality outdoor furniture..........Galway? Reply with quote

Just as bugs said Birdie, you have the likes of Woodies DIY, Atlantic homecare etc.
Some people will write their patio furniture off as cheap and weak, however, they do carry some nice hardwood pieces.
But don't forget your garden centres as well, most will have a very good standard of outdoor furniture for sale.
Try McGaughs garden centre just outside Galway city.

Finally, If you want some truly unusual hardwood outdoor furniture, try terra gardens at the JPK complex in Claregalway.

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!

Last edited by James Kilkelly on Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:16 am; edited 1 time in total
volga
Rank attained: Hazel Tree
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:14 am    Post subject: cut stone outdoor furniture Reply with quote

Birdie, if you have a fair budget for the furniture why not think about natural cut stone pieces. I know they are expensive and cumbersome but some ot the granite pieces I have seen are to die for. Or maybe think about some Indonisian furniture.
birdie

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your helpful replies guys.
Bugs

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Two months ago I was working on a garden in Dublin where there was a total clearout , the only thing that was of value was a nice teak table that I brought home , all the chairs were busted . Today on the job I was working on I got 6 perfectly good teak chairs for which the table was busted Laughing pics later when I've painted them ........one mans muck is another mans treasure .
Cool Bugs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Hard landscaping in Ireland, Garden Features (Paths, Patios, Paving, Decking, Walls etc) All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: