Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jobs available / Trainees required.

Landscape Gardeners/Supervisors wanted!

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: tagwex
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
annemarie
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 12:56 pm    Post subject: Landscape Gardeners/Supervisors wanted! Reply with quote

Hi everyone,

I've just started working with a Landscape Garden company, who want to recruit both Landscape Gardeners and a Supervisor for the team. This whole field in Ireland is new to me and I'm wondering what's the best way to recruit? Do I go to an agency, do I advertise in the national newspapers? Also what are the names of the industry publications and should I consider advertising in these also.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thank you
Anne Marie
Sb
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello annemarie, if you follow the tips given in the sticky at the top of this forum section, you may be able to fill your vacacies from here on irish gardeners. Here is a copy of what I believe is needed.
1/ State what kind of position is being offered eg. landscape foreman, groundsman, part time, full time etc.
2/ State the location, is it in Ireland or overseas?
Be as specific as possible.

3/ Describe the position as much of as possible...... the duties involved, hours to be worked, pay scale, benefits.

4/ Add your contact details.
You have two options in this regard.
If you add your address, phone number or email then you will be instantly accessible to prospective employees (and possibly time wasters).
verge

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with SB. Also http://www.hli.ie/about.aspx is an industry publication that you may wish to advertise in.
Florence

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 2:38 pm    Post subject: to Anne marie Reply with quote

hi Anne Marie, are you french ?
Roger
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree
Rank attained: Hawthorn Tree

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Anne-Marie,

I live in the Midlands and I am quite interested in working in landscaping.

I have a diploma of Professional Landscaper that i passed when i was living in France (fully recognised in Ireland also).

I do a few gardening jobs here and there on my spare time (as i have a full time job in a different area to pay the bills) but i would love to be able to work full time in Landscaping.

Although i'm Portuguese i speak english fluently and have a good knowledge of plants and gardening.

If you think i would be suitable please send me the details of the vacancies and I will look into it with much delight.

Thanks in advance,

Dennis Gallagher

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:56 am    Post subject: Landscape Supervisor Reply with quote

Dear Anne-Marie

I have just seen your post. It may be old? Did you hire a supervisor? If not, I would be very interested in the position. I have years of landscaping experience along with a degree in ornamental horticulture from New York. Please give me a call.

Kind regards
Dennis Gallagher

Moderator edit: To prevent abuse we deleted phone number, please private message instead.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Garden jobs available / Trainees required. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: