Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News.

Advice Please: Wedding Present to clean up brothers garden

Most Recent Posts ...What did you do Today...
Last post: Margo
Introduction
Last post: tagwex
Small Urban Garden Re-design - Suggestions appreciated
Last post: Sue Deacon
HOW TO MAINTAIN A HEALTHY LAWN
Last post: ianpools

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
jrbegley
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:43 am    Post subject: Advice Please: Wedding Present to clean up brothers garden Reply with quote

Hi All,

I was hoping that someone could please help me. I have to admit, I am not an experienced gardener but have grown up helping my dad with ours and can appreciate the feeling one gets when looking out the window or arriving home from work.

This year i was best man for my brother and i have finally decided the best thing/present ii could get him would be to transform his ugly looking front lawn/garden.

I'm not sure how i should approach this or if people feel this might be a personal thing that the new couple should do? My budget would be €500 and maybe if it is a personal thing - a voucher would suffice) - but from where? Smile

Thanks in advance guys,

James
James Kilkelly

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardens no more than rooms can be very personal things.
Have you ever seen one of those room makeover programmes on tv where the house owner was less than pleased when Laurence Llewelyn-Bowen painted their room pink and hung feather boas from the ceiling.
In your case jrbegley you have the tastes of both a husband and wife to satisfy.
You could guess right, you could guess wrong.

A good compromise might be to buy a tree which signifies their marriage date eg flowers,fruits during that month, wrap a voucher for a good garden centre around the trunk, and tie with a bow.

Don't forget a stake and tie as well. Razz

If you need a few suggestions for the tree, just let me know the month in question and size of garden it is going into, so that the tree will not dominate the location.

http://www.allotments.ie/ Ireland's allotments.
On Twitter... http://twitter.com/Allotments

Garden Consultation & Design.

Try my Garden Design home study course!
jrbegley

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GPI - your very kind to reply - iill have a look at the garden in more detail and get back to you should i need more advice.

Thanks again!

James
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Landscaping / Gardening Ireland, Overall discussion & Garden related News. All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: