Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Hello from Dublin

Most Recent Posts funny
Last post: kindredspirit
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Ado 2
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
sorcha
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 10:54 pm    Post subject: Hello from Dublin Reply with quote

Hi all, I'm a brand new gardener from Dublin - I've ended up in charge of an average suburban garden that has been completely neglected for about two years and am trying to whip it into shape (no photos yet, as it's still too much of an embarrassing mess!). I've done a bit of container gardening before and managed to grow two tomato plants last year, so now I've got delusions of grandeur and am trying to start a vegetable bed, as well as all of the flowers!

I've been lurking on the vegetable forums for a while and have found the advice posts extremely helpful, but I have a feeling that I'll be starting with the 'what am I doing wrong here?' posts... Embarassed
fuinnseog

PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2008 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Sorcha,

i love those early stages of planning and planting etc. but not so keen on back breaking double digging etc! Best of luck with the new garden!

Are you hoping to plant veg this season?
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, I'm also totally new to this site, and I'm also starting a new garden, except a little bigger.....about an acre! Back-breaking would be the perfect word for it...but also very exciting and challenging. Now I'm waiting for the East wind to stop blowing and for the temperatures to lift a little!
sorcha

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello to both of you and thank you for the welcome!

On the veg front, I have planted seeds for peas, spinach and carrots and have just seen the very first seedlings appear yesterday (the trick now is to tell them apart from the weeds trying to sprout also :) and I have baby cauliflower and tomato plants that I bought and want to harden off to plant outside. The cold weather at the moment isn't helping, though.

I've basically got three beds and a whole load of pots, and I'm only trying to work on two of the beds at the moment, so it's not too bad on the backbreaking so far, thankfully. It's great seeing it paying off, though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: