Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners

Well Hello

Most Recent Posts Garlic problem
Last post: Greengage
funny
Last post: ponddigger
Introduce yoursellf to whom.......................
Last post: Keeks
I'm new here
Last post: tagwex

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
seriously
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Well Hello Reply with quote

I have joined your site and would firstly say I am useless with computers but I do like to try and I feel that also best describes my gardening. Recently moved to West Cork and bought a house which has been rented for years and no one has touched the garden so I have a blank canvas but also a lot of work. I have read a few of your topics and enjoyed same. Do doubt I will have lots of questions but it may take me a while to work out how this forum works.
Seriously patience please
Breezly

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, If you are a novice my advice would be to start small and build over a few years. Good Luck
Sive
Rank attained: Chlorophyll for blood

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seriously welcome you are too!
Breezly is right, have patience and take on just a little at a time. Sometimes mistakes are made if you move too fast.....you need to understand your soil, your orientation...even whether you have wet or boggy areas etc etc.You may find you take these first few months just "getting to know" your garden.
Good luck with it all, and enjoy West Cork....beautiful part of the world.
sal
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree
Rank attained: Sessile Oak Tree

PostPosted: Tue May 05, 2009 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

welcome,would agree,have patience ,all my mistakes were made very soon after moving in,as i got to know the ground i had to move lots and some plants are not in the best places,and some i wouldnt have used,money wasted ,especially as later as i got to know people i was offered cuttings and spare plants that actually grow well where i am, and was given good advice here and by neighbours as time went on,but i had to get it done so i thought
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Introduce yourself to the rest of the Irish gardeners All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: