Irish Gardeners Forum Home
 FAQFAQ   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 
Custom Search

Weather Report /
Moon Phase for Ireland

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc).

Where to find 2nd hand Honda lawnmower part? Model HRG 536c

Most Recent Posts Christmas reading.
Last post: Greengage
2016 Vegetable quizz.
Last post: Greengage
At last! A garden joke. (except maybe it's not a joke!)
Last post: Sue Deacon
Skimmia seed wanted
Last post: Brendankearns

Visit TheGardenShop.ie
FrCrilly
Rank attained: Hazel Tree

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Where to find 2nd hand Honda lawnmower part? Model HRG 536c Reply with quote

Hi All,

Around 6 years ago, I bought a lawnmower for €500. The body of it has now rusted, so much so that it has broken it in two (the section containing the 2 front wheels has fallen off). I've asked a welder friend if it is viable to weld it back together however he says it's not. A brand new body will cost €250 which I would be able to attach to the engine by myself. The person who sold it to me suggests it's more viable to trade it in for a new one. However, I think this advise is bias to suit his interests.

Can anyone think of anything I can do to get this cost down. Is there such a thing as a lawnmower distmantler the same way as there are car distmantlers. I already intend to put a wanted ad in the buy and sell for the same type of lawnmower which I can use for parts. Is there anything else I can do? The lawnmower has a good engine. Is it possible to attach it to another lawnmower make or model if I can't find the make and model that I'm looking for (see make and model below)?

A lot of questions, but if you can think of something that I can't, feel free to suggest it.

Thanks In Advance for all responses

Lawnmower
Make: Honda
Model: HRG 536c
Code: MZCG6015000
Year: 1998
Other: LWA100, 3.5kW, 36.2KG, 2900min.
Tom

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where are you based------- Craggy Island. Razz
You have done well to get what length you did out of the mower. But I reckon you should visit some local hire shops, they will always have a stack of mowers out the back with engines blown but pretty good decks. See if you can get an aluminium deck as it will not rust. Be aware though that an alu deck is more prone to damage and cracking when disassembling and remounting.
Sb
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree
Rank attained: Silver Birch Tree

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A little over E80 a year it has cost you if my sum are correct. Good going, you must have serviced it well.
You said "The person who sold it to me suggests it's more viable to trade it in for a new one.", that means he must have lots of junked mowers coming into him, some with perfectly good decks. I would ask around a few more dealers and small engine repair guys.
Also you could put an ad in the wanted section of Jumbletown http://www.jumbletown.ie/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Irish Gardeners Forum Home -> Irelands Garden tools / equipment. (mowers, glasshouses & polytunnels etc). All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: